Yeah this one got me.. http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/624/application-pool-identities/
The change microsoft made to have AppPool now run as “ApplicationPoolIdentity” instead of Network service.
So if you normally give Network Service rights needed to your webapp, you now have to stop doing that and change it to
IIS AppPool\<NAME OF YOUR APPPOOL>
End of that.
- Open Windows Explorer
- Select a file or directory.
- Right click the file and select "Properties"
- Select the "Security" tab
- Click the "Edit" and then "Add" button
- Click the "Locations" button and make sure you select your machine.
- Enter "IIS AppPool\DefaultAppPool" in the "Enter the object names to select:" text box.
- Click the "Check Names" button and click "OK".
By doing this the file or directory you selected will now also allow the "DefaultAppPool" identity access.